Grant Proposal Format and Info
| Proposals should be prepared in the following format. Applicants are asked to limit the narrative portion of proposals to 10 pages or less. |
1. In general, all proposals must:
a. Have one inch margins;
b. A font size of at least 11;
c. Be submitted electronically as one document in Microsoft Word format
or, if mailed as "Hard Copy", proposals must be accompanied by a $100.00 processing fee.
2. The first page of your proposal should be a one- page Executive Summary of the project containing the following information:
I. Descriptive Name of Program/Project
II. Applicant Information:
Legal name of applicant organization
Phone, email, fax
III. Tax Status of Applicant (501c3, 501c6, etc.)
IV. Project Objective(s)
V. Proposed Length of Project (number of years)
VI. Amount of Grant Funding Requested for Each Year of the Project
VII. Primary Priority Program Area Addressed in this Proposal
Name the primary PPA addressed in this proposal (others may be mentioned
in the proposal text).
VIII. Summary Statement
A 250-word summary (or less) of project justification, methodologies, and expected results.
3. The main body and contents of the proposal should contain the following information:
a. Title - A short descriptive name of the proposed program/project.
b. Objective - Provide a concise statement of the purpose of the project in quantified terms where possible.
c. Need - Why address this problem? State the Priority Program Area that this proposed project addresses, in whole or in part, and mention any other PPAs that may be addressed.
d. Experience - Include a brief status report on the history of previous work conducted by the applicant and/or others to address this need.
e. Expected Results or Benefits - What will be gained by funding this proposed project? How does the successful completion of the project meet all or part of the Priority Program Area? Benefits should be expressed in quantified terms where possible.
1. Additionally, proposals should clearly address in specific detail how any products/materials produced with grant funds will be used, by whom, and the expected and continued benefits of these once the grant expires.
f. Approach - How will the proposed project be conducted? Describe the process to be followed to meet the projects objective(s) including a description of techniques and methods to be used, and a chronological schedule of accomplishments. Describe how the applicant will monitor project progress and measure progress in achieving objectives.
1. If contractors are identified in the proposal, specific information on how the contractor was selected and justification for their selection should be provided.
2. If a contractor will be selected to complete project-related work, please indicate which tasks the contractor will complete.
g. Project Costs - An itemized budget showing funds requested for each year of the project must be included in the proposal narrative.
1. Please follow the budget outline provided (Attachment A) to ensure all costs are clearly represented. This outline may be modified to accommodate additional expenses or special considerations.
h. Expertise - What are the qualifications of key personnel? A resume not exceeding one page for key personnel working on the project that specifically describes their qualifications as they relate to the project should be submitted.